Life is full of signposts and turning points. The things we value that bring us happiness change as we get older, and the things that made you cheerful in your 20s may not make you as happy in your 60s. And with your growing age, you have to experience lots of changes.
The major challenges that many seniors face are social isolation and loneliness. Seniors often live on their terms and may not have many friends who can visit regularly. They may struggle with many disabilities, including poor vision, hearing issues, mobility, and poor health. These issues make it difficult to get out and about by themselves, leaving them feeling frustrated, depressed, and disconnected from others.
In order to reduce their frustration and depression, Serving Seniors Care is here with assistance at home for the elderly in Daly City, CA. We have a team of experienced and amicable staff professionals who take steps to identify those at risk and help them build connections and stay active and engaged.
Remember that everyone who lives alone does not need to be socially isolated and lonely. They may live by themselves but still go out and meet up with their friends regularly, talk with family members, and maintain a strong sense of purpose in life. But there are myriad people who don’t have this type of lifestyle. By offering assisted living elderly care services, we are here to help those people.
Let’s Talk About It!
Communication is something that makes everything easy. So, talk to your loved ones about their day.
- Try to find out what they did and what they want to do.
- Are your elders spending much of their time inside and alone?
- What are the challenges to them getting out and interacting with others?
- Do they really need to be assisted living elderly care services?
Look for ways we can help your elders, such as:
- We teach them to use technology and connect over video conferencing platforms, like Zoom, Google Duo, Skype, etc.
- We suggest you give them assistive devices, such as a magnifier, hearing aids, or a walker, so they can stay more active and know what is happening.
- We take them outside to help them make new friends and community groups. We talk to them regularly, which helps reduce loneliness and isolation.
- We arrange transportation facilities to help your elders get to the store, medical appointments, get-together with friends, church services, and other recreational activities. It can allow them to do more things independently.
- We help them in their daily household chores, including cleaning, cooking, washing clothes, and many more.
- Apart from this, we also provide personal care services, including bathing, dressing, etc.
The Bottom Line:
Social isolation and loneliness can take a peal on elders’ mental, physical, and emotional health. By offering Assistance at home for the elderly in Daly City, CA, we always try to make a mindful effort to make sure that your aging parents live a happy and healthy life. We try our best to make sure that your elders have regular interactions with others and they are able to participate in activities they enjoy.
Wondering how to hire senior home care services? Look no further and visit Serving Seniors Care today. Give us a call at (415) 987-8151 to know more about our assisted living elderly care services.